At Southside Spinal Care Clinic we understand that commitment to quality care and service is the key to a healthy and loyal patient. We want our patients to feel they are receiving the best care possible. From the front office staff to the treating physician, Southside Spinal Care Clinics goal is to maintain a high level of care and patient satisfaction. Your first visit will take about 45 minutes to an hour. There are many things included in your first visit. This is an outline of what your first visit may likely include.
- Once you’ve arrived, please check in with the receptionist and sign-in.
- Please fill out all paperwork and forms.
- You will then be called back to consult and talk to your doctor about your health concern. This will include getting a complete history of your health, past and present complaints, and injuries you may have encountered.
- Then a physical exam will be performed. This includes range of motion, touching the painful area, orthopedic tests, and neurologic tests.
- Then, if necessary, x-rays will be taken. If the doctor deems that x-rays are necessary, they will be taken on site. Patients are always shown their own x-rays and are encouraged to ask questions.
- You will then be started on therapies. Therapies help reduce any pain, inflammation, or muscle spasm that you may be suffering from.
Therapies that are used at Southside Spinal Care Clinic include: EMS (electromuscle stim), mechanical traction, moist hot packs, ice, ultrasound, and muscle massage. Please keep in mind, only your first visit takes this long. Southside Spinal Care Clinic also works very closely with our affiliate clinics located throughout San Antonio, TX. You can find our location and those of our affiliates under our location page. Thank you and we look forward to helping you get back to health.